From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-08-26 21:28:52

Nikita Kniazev write:
> > But the problem has nothing to do with silently not building libraries.
> > It's caused by libraries assuming that Boost.Config is at ../config.
>
> Both have the same root cause -- no way to turn off these build checks. If
> the checks are not needed there is no need to import Boost.Config and
> assume its location too.

What do you suggest as a solution? I agree that autodetection with no
way to override it is bad. (In my not yet finished CMake guidelines, I
advocate for only using autodetection to determine the default for
the configuration option, while still allowing the user to override it.)

But how does this translate to something actionable? How would you
have written the Nowide build/Jamfile?