From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-09-06 11:41:39

This sounds like a pkg-config package. In fact, several projects moved from
such custom scripts to pkg-config.

Anyway, the main problem here is to make the build system (b2) output those
flags in a parseable manner. If that was implemented, it could be used to
make pkg-config packages, CMake config modules, etc.

Another problem is that different boost libraries will require different
build flags to use them, so you'll actually need e.g. boost-thread-config,
boost-filesystem-config (or boost-thread.pc and boost-filesystem.pc if
pkg-config is used).