From: Ivan Matek (libbooze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-09-15 02:19:28

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 1:50 PM Martin Duvanel via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> We may have a very specific use-case, but would you consider a small
> modification to the library inside "boost/icl/impl_config.hpp", in order to
> open the door for other set/map implementations?

I am unrelated to ICL, but I do not thing this is such a small change, if
they would allow flat_* containers with O(n) insert time then they would
probably need to update all the docs to specify complexity in terms of
underlying container complexity, or just
add an ugly hack to docs that notes that if you use your own container that
then all complexity guarantees in docs are off.
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0/libs/icl/doc/html/boost_icl/function_reference/insertion.html

Also out of curiosity: did you try out the google abseil b-tree
<https://abseil.io/blog/20190812-btree>?