From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-09-22 14:50:41

śr., 22 wrz 2021 o 16:38 Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> napisał(a):

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 7:34 AM Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I now realize that I asked the wrong question.
> > The question that I really wanted to ask is:
> > do I have to heap-allocate "IO" objects in order to use tem with
> > continuation-passing style completion handlers?
>
> Are you really asking "can I move I/O objects while they are
> performing asynchronous operations?"

I meant to move a tcp::socket. I am actually not sure if this fits into the
definition of "I/O object", so I may have used the term incorrectly.

So, to rephrase, I assume that I can move construct a `tcp::socket`, and
now I ask if there is an interface or a technique within ASIO that would
allow me to move the `tcp::socket` and the buffer rather than heap-allocate
them?

Maybe I am talking nonsense, and I just do not understand the concurrency
model here. But at the first glance, I see nothing that would make this
impossible.

Regards,
&rzej;