From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-16 18:10:05

Vinnie Falco wrote:
> To all, thanks for all the feedback. I'm not ignoring it, but we
> discovered a super duper annoying problem with how the path segments
> and query parameters containers represent their respective parts of
> the URL

I would be very interested to see a comparison of how your
decomposition of paths into segments, and the reverse, compares
to what std::filesystem::path does, and rationale for the
differences.

> abs("/././/", { ".", "", "" });

Well that's an interesting one. Why is the middle element "" not
"."? Can you clarify?

I might perhaps hope that something like this would work:

for (auto dir: path.segments) {
   chdir(dir.c_str());
}

i.e. I'd end up in the same directory as chdir(path.c_str()) would
get me to. But chdir("") is an error.

I believe that std::filesystem::path merges adjacent directory separators,
so the "" segments disappear.

Regards, Phil.