From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-16 18:18:35

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 1:11 PM Peter Dimov wrote:
> I prefer keeping this discussion here on the list, rather than in an issue, so please
> reply here instead if you have an opinion. :-)
>
> The proposal is:
>
> * Merge Assert into Core
> * Merge StaticAssert into Core
> * Merge ThrowException into Core

I'm not in favor of any of the above. There are no dependency cycles
to break by doing this, and I prefer that we have facilities in
separate repositories.

Someone might want Assert and not anything else in Core. Someone else
might want StaticAssert and not Assert or anything else in Core.

I have no problems with Core taking on a new dependency on
ThrowException although perhaps this dependency could be avoided too
via:

    #if defined(BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS)
    BOOST_NORETURN void throw_exception(const std::exception&);
    #endif

Glen