From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-18 00:43:04

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 5:33 PM Gavin Lambert via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Otherwise, introducing as a separate library and letting the community
> decide what is better (with review and then with usage) seems like the
> way to go. Preemptively putting it in Boost.Core feels like bypassing
> community choice, which goes against the spirit of Boost.

Marshall doesn't want to change it, and if it fails review then users
of my libraries will continue to encounter headwinds when using
C++17's std::string_view. I really don't understand what is so
difficult about this. An increasingly common complaint of Boost is
that it doesn't play well with the std types that Boost so generously
helped design.

Please explain to me what users of Beast, Boost.JSON, eventually
Boost.URL should do if they want to use C++17 string_view, Marshall
decides against implementing the change, and there is no consensus to
accept Boost.StringView2?

Thanks