From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-18 02:06:24

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 7:04 PM Gavin Lambert via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Getting back to this point, as I mentioned in another branch it looks
> like {std,boost}::filesystem breaks down "/foo/bar/baz.htm" to { "/",
> "foo/", "bar/", "baz.htm" }.

I'm not sure that's viable or correct for URL paths though.

> On a related note, you should strongly consider cross-compatibility with
> {std,boost}::filesystem::path anyway, since inevitably an URL-parsing
> library will hit one of the following scenarios sooner or later:

Yeah, I agree that there needs to be something to facilitate working
with paths that are formed from URLs. I haven't given it any thought
yet because I am still trying to finish the baseline functionality.

Thanks