From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-25 18:30:25

Ashish Singh wrote:
> >Do you have to use Boost 1.66? System is header-only in Boost 1.69 and
> > later.
>
> For the time being, yes. The update is not planned yet.
>

> Is there a workaround that can be used in Boost 1.66 to achieve that?
> Or are there any consequences with the following approach that I'm thinking
> to use? :
>

> > -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY \
> > -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED

Defining BOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY is the correct way to switch
Boost.System 1.66 to header-only mode. Whether this will create problems
with duplicate category instances depends on whether and how your program
uses dynamic libraries that also use Boost.System and if so, whether these
libraries under POSIX use hidden visibility.