From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-27 12:49:48

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 8:29 AM Andrey Semashev wrote:

> On 10/27/21 05:10, Gavin Lambert via Boost wrote:
> > This is not the first time that an MSVC release has conflicted with
> > Boost's release schedule -- it seems likely that Microsoft's release
> > date targets were chosen with similar logic to Boost's.
> >
> > Would it make sense to permanently shift the Boost calendar target to
> > reduce the risk of future such conflicts?
>
> IMHO, Boost doesn't need to align its schedule to release of any
> particular compiler. We don't do that for any other compiler anyway.

+1.

Also, since Boost 1.67 or so we disabled the Boost.Config outdated
diagnostic for unknown new versions of MSVC:
https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/5ad0730630188b55e2ee554dec53b5498fc0a030

i.e. No more "Boost.Config is older than your compiler version" messages.

And I doubt users are turning on BOOST_ASSERT_CONFIG for the #error.

Glen