From: Olaf van der Spek (ml_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-10-30 07:54:47

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 2:21 PM Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> A major release of MSVC only happens every few years. Most of the
> userbase won't touch a new major MSVC release for a year in any case. Me
> personally, I'm very relaxed about supporting new major MSVC releases
> immediately, everybody can afford to wait until three months or so
> following a MSVC major release.

Personally I run preview versions of MSVC and it'd be nice if it 'just
worked' with Boost.
There's no need to wait until a stable release to work on
compatibility either. On the contrary, both Boost and MSVC might
benefit from earlier work on 'integration'.

That said, I think MSVC is in better shape too then it was during the
VC6 era so it might be less of an issue.

--
Olaf