From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-11-02 20:58:38

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 2:04 PM Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Boris Kolpackov wrote:
> > Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >
> > > Since the CMake configuration files that are generated by `b2 install`
> > > define CMake targets based on the b2 targets, it's not possible to fix
> > > this just on the boost-install side. If we want Boost::process to
> > > appear as a target in CMake, we need boost_process to appear as a
> > > target in b2, that is, we need libs/process/build/Jamfile to exist.
> > >
> > > The easiest way to fix it - if we decide to do something about it - is
> > > to create dummy compiled libraries for each such header-only library
> > > that isn't really header-only because of dependencies.
> >
> > Wouldn't the proper way to fix this be to teach b2 first-class "binless"
> > library targets (i.e., a library that doesn't actually have .a/.so)?
>
> It might be possible to achieve something like that with alias targets,
> although I haven't tried.

B2 alias targets _are_ real targets (in the meta-target sense of the B2
build abstractions). I haven't looked at how the cmake files are generated
though. So not sure what that requires for it to work.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada