From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-11-03 17:02:10

В письме от среда, 3 ноября 2021 г. 19:53:47 MSK пользователь Peter Dimov via
Boost написал:
> > В письме от среда, 3 ноября 2021 г. 18:07:43 MSK пользователь Peter
> > Dimov via Boost написал:
> >
> > > It's not so simple because dependencies are gathered when generating
> > > the build variants (as they may depend on the current properties) and
> > > header-only libraries have none.
> >

> > alias boost_foo : boost_bar ;
> >
> > boost_foo has a dependency: boost_bar.
>

> Yeah, you don't say. It has no build variants though because it doesn't
> build anything.

Maybe I misunderstood your point. There are no build variants for `alias`
targets, but there are no build variants for `INTERFACE` targets either. And
this actually can be used to tell apart header-only libraries and compiled in
the generating rule. `lib` targets do produce variants which refer back to
them, but `alias` targets do not.