From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-11-07 14:56:14

On 06/11/2021 19:00, Emil Dotchevski via Boost wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2021 at 11:34 AM Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Should we add a formal category for error handling libraries in
> https://www.boost.org/development/library_metadata.html?
>

> To clarify, Boost currently offers the following:
>
> - Boost Exception
> - Outcome
> - LEAF
> - boost::system::result

I actually would have said it's all of Boost.System, not Boost.System's
result. Code such as `if(ec) ...` for example.

Also instead of error handling can we call the category "failure
handling" please? The difference is that errors are often expected and
handled locally, whereas failures implies some process of unwinding.

Niall