From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-01-01 18:05:44

On 1/1/22 6:58 AM, Seth via Boost wrote:
> I can't speak to the reasons why it's not in `boost::array` (but note that nothing like that ever got standardized either).
>
> I suppose that the equivalent to `T[N][M]` is already `array<array<T, N>, M>`.
>
> Also, the obvious suggestion would be to use Boost MultiArray https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_78_0/libs/multi_array/doc/user.html

Hmmm - looking at the docs for multi_array (which I had forgotten about)
makes me think this is the solution you should look into first. It's
dated 2006 and/but has the imprimatur of some of our best developers.
It's a little hard to understand from the docs. Perhaps it would be a
worthwhile investment to use some modern TMP to improve somewhat the
interface/API and of course sync up the docs accordingly. Sounds to me
like a small yet very worthwhile and interesting project.

Robert Ramey