From: Ivan Matek (libbooze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-01-02 14:18:59

On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 1:45 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It would need more work if you want references and iterators to work in
> terms of arr<> and not the built-in arrays.

Thank you for the implementation, but I still think there are major issues
that make this "extension" unlikely to be usable.
 I think the nested aggregate initialization requiring a ton of {} would be
bad for "normal" users (and AFAIK that is core language thing, so it is not
me or any other library writer can just fix it), also I am not familiar
with deduction guides so it may be hard/impossible to make
multidimensional boost::array work nice with CTAD, for example this works
fine in recent C++
    std::array arr{1,2,3}; // std::array<int,3>
I have no idea if that be possible for multidimensional arrays, not to
mention that even if it is it is very hard for users to get it right due to
mentioned {} spam required...

So in the end a bit of a disappointing development, but I guess now I
learned why this is not as trivial as it looked. :)