From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-02-18 21:52:11

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 12:39 PM Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I don't remember whether this library has been endorsed already, but in
> case it hasn't been, I endorse it.

A brief history, in October I posted an early version of the library
to the list where it received endorsements and we had some discussion.
Based on the discussion and some internal feedback I went back to
redesign some aspects of the library. In particular the way it handles
encoded versus non encoded paths and queries, and the way it deals
with transformations of the URL which could potentially leave the user
with an invalid result (for example, removing the scheme from a
relative-path that has a colon in the first segment.

Where we are at now is that the library needs a review manager and a
date on the review schedule, and the library is ready for the usual
critiques that appear for libraries with heavy demand :)

So if folks want to "kick the tires and light the fires" (i.e. install
the library locally in their Boost tree and experiment with it) then
it is definitely the time for that.

Thanks