From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-02-21 10:30:53

On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 at 12:48, Rahul Sharma via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So far I have been reading multiple documentations and reading the
> projects from past year GSoC and exploring some modules given on the
> GitHub and I came to understand now that in order to contribute to this
> organization the knowledge of only C++ and data structures is not
> enough.

Well, you will need to find a project (i.e. Boost library) of your interest.

> I have some questions which are halting my progress so far, it
> would be very generous of you if someone could address these issues I
> am facing……
> 1. I am unable to understand the code base in the repositories on
> GitHub.

It's fairly simple, boostorg/boost is a super-project which refers individual
libraries in their own boostorg/<lib> repositories via Git submodules.

> 2. In order to contribute or to understand things in a better way do I
> need to learn how Boost libraries work.

You will need to learn how to build the collection of Boost libraries
and how to run tests of a library of your interest.
Then, you will need to learn internals of the library of your
interest in order to be able to contribute to it, obviously/

> 3. What are some packages I need to install.

Typically, a C++ compilation toolset on platform of your choice.

Best regards,