From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-03-30 21:00:16

Hi all,

I would like to propose my MySQL client library for inclusion in Boost. The
library features asynchronous communication with MySQL and MariaDB servers,
allowing the user to use txt queries and prepared statements. The library
is based on Boost.Asio and follows its asynchronous model (in a similar way
Boost.Beast does).

The library is specific to MySQL and MariaDB systems, and is not intended
as a SQL framework or ORM. It fits use cases like HTTP servers (possibly
already using Beast), ETL pipelines or any other application that needs to
access a MySQL database and wants to benefit from Asio's asynchrony.

Please note that the library is a full implementation of MySQL wire
protocol and does not use libmysqlclient under the hood.

I'm looking for people who officially endorse the library.

You can see the code in this GitHub repository
<https://github.com/anarthal/mysql>, and the documentation is here
<https://anarthal.github.io/mysql/index.html>.

Many thanks,
Ruben.