From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-05 13:11:31

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 7:54 AM Horváth V. <friendlyanon__at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 2022. 04. 05. 14:46, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Boost wrote:
> > I highly doubt it.
>
> Something I noticed is that a lot of people raise compile times as a
> reason they don't want to use Boost and modules supposedly help with
> that.

The gains to be had depend highly on both the code structure and project
structure (both of the modules and the user code). The gains are almost
entirely in the re-parsing. I.e. they are not going to help much on the
template instantiation. Which, IIRC, is the larger of the compile time
complaints for Boost. But someone would have to do some performance
analysis of a good size project that uses Boost in a compiler that
supports such perf inspection to really know.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada