From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-06 01:14:55

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 7:55 PM Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2022, at 5:07 PM, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <
> grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> https://www.discourse.org/
>

> I forgot the most important thing about email.
>
> * It doesn’t interrupt me when “new stuff is available”; I can look at it
> when I want.
>
> I looked at Discourse a year ago, and hated it.
>
> I didn’t see any information about alternate clients, workflows etc a year
> ago, so I’ll take a look again, but the my take on the default experience
> was “like Slack, but with cheesier graphics and more sounds, animations,
> and interruptions”.

It supports email list integration. I.e. it supports all the same features
you listed because you can use it through an email list. From the features
list:

> When you aren’t active on the website, your notifications will be
automatically sent to you via email. Reply via email from anywhere, on any
device.

> Mailing list support

I'm not going to claim I like it. Just saying software that meets your
criteria exists ;-)

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada