From: Norvald H. Ryeng (norvald.ryeng_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-08 13:52:01

On 07.04.2022 11:18, Ruben Perez wrote:
> A couple questions:
>
> * Which kind of protocol incompatibilities would you think would be possible
> in the future? Are we talking about minor differences (like different
> auth plugins,
> and things that can be expressed in terms of server capabilities)? Or are
> we talking about a complete redesign of the MySQL protocol?

I'm expecting new auth plugins and new server capabilities. New data
types, perhaps.

I'm not expecting a major redesign in the foreseeable future.

> * Is there any place in the documentation where I could read about these
> new additions we are talking about?

I think the best starting point would be
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/dev/mysql-server/latest/PAGE_PROTOCOL.html

> * Do you think anyone else in MySQL server team would be interested in
> participating in the formal review for this library? I think their help
> would
> be much appreciated.

I'm not an expert on the protocol myself, so I'll try to find someone
when the formal review starts.

Best regards,

Norvald