From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-05 14:58:41

On Thu, 5 May 2022 at 16:26, Kostas Savvidis via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]
> In other words, boost needs to shrink not grow.

I mostly agree, but I'd say Boost needs to undergo a restructurisation to
remain attractive to all generations of developers, maintainers and users.

I can't see it happen unless we have separate superprojects:

github.com/boostorg/boost (require>=C++17)
github.com/boostorg/boost11 (>=C++11 )

and, if still relevant, perhaps:

github.com/boostorg/boost03

As a maintainer, I'd like to be free to maintain a library
only for e.g. boostorg/boost and forget about
boostorg/boost11, or let new maintainer to take it
over there.

Best regards