From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-08 09:31:19

>> Even though 14 has lotsof bug fixes, >> the only real key advanced featureis>> relaxed constexpr constraints >> and digit separators.
I apologize for my perhaps unwisely chosen(or even wrong) wording.

> I'd say that polymorphic lambdas, lambda> capture initializers, return type deduction,> decltype(auto) are all more important> and really felt.
... And I do respect this comment.
But I'm not quite ready to give upon eleven just yet...

Let's argue the controversial C++11/14baseline issue from a purely service-oriented,product-management point of view.
Boost has a deep symbiosis with C++11and vice-versa. There are clients usingBoost with C++11.
To drop C++11 from a product/servicepoint of view should only be allowed ifa viable option is provided --- freelyand easily obtained --- for those clientsusing Boost with C++11.
So I would say, prove to the clients,prove to ourselves what this optionactually is. Which option will allowclients stuck on C++11 (maybe notby choice) to continue to use Boostwithout C++11 support?
One possibility comes to mind:Freeze at 1.80 if you need C++11,but I don't like this option.

Kind regards, Chris

    On Saturday, May 7, 2022, 03:36:26 PM GMT+2, Seth via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Even though 14 has lotsof bug fixes,
> the only real key advanced featureis relaxed constexpr constraints
> anddigit separators.

I'd say that polymorphic lambdas, lambda capture initializers, return type deduction, decltype(auto) are all more important and really felt. I can live without the library features (because they're easy to provide, except the UDLs)