From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-13 16:53:32

> I have little use for ORM or SQL frameworks. I do, however, have use for
> two things:
>
> 1. A way to say
>
> conn.query( "SELECT * FROM tb_something WHERE id = ?", id );

It has become obvious to me during this review that this functionality
should be high priority, one way or another.
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/69 tracks it.

> 2. A way to obtain a described struct from a result row of the above
> query.

This one has been mentioned in almost all reviews, too.
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/60 tracks it.

> Both of these features contain a significant amount of
> protocol-independent code, which makes them out of scope under a
> strict reading, but they are worth having IMO.

It may be the case for 1., although escaping is MySQL-specific,
so it's not insane for the library to provide it. First-class support for
2. has advantages, too.

Regards,
Ruben.