From: Kostas Savvidis (kotika98_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-19 08:25:54

> On May 18, 2022, at 13:27, Ruben Perez via Boost <boost_at_[hidden] <mailto:boost_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> So the following signatures:
>
> prepared_statement::execute(const params<ValueIterator>&)
> prepared_statement::close()
> resultset::read_one(row&)
>
> Would change to these ones:
>
> connection::execute_statement(const prepared_statement&, const
> params<ValueIterator>&)
> connection::close_statement(const prepared_statement&)
> connection::read_row(resultset&, row&)
>
> What do you think?

Someone with experience using the library and a better understanding than myself should comment.

But I noticed in the postgres-asio example you declare
    auto stmt = conn.prepare_statement("UPDATE mytable SET f1 = $1 WHERE f2 = $2");
In the mysql exaples you did not use auto, I presume this style is possible also in mysql,
then maybe not worth changing signatures as it is not such a big deal.

Cheers,
Kostas