From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2022-05-22 13:51:53

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_79_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#get-boost

Section 5.1 Simplified Build From Source

If you wish to build from source with Visual C++, you can use a simple build procedure described in this section. Open the command prompt and change your current directory to the Boost root directory. Then, type the following commands:

bootstrap
.\b2
The first command prepares the Boost.Build system for use. The second command invokes Boost.Build to build the separately-compiled Boost libraries. Please consult the Boost.Build documentation for a list of allowed options.

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_79_0/tools/build/doc/html/index.html

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_79_0/tools/build/doc/html/index.html#bbv2.installation

Run either .\bootstrap.bat (on Windows), or ./bootstrap.sh (on other operating systems)

(which may be too simple. By default, Windows 10 and up, probably don't provide cmd.exe, preferring the fancy new command shell Windows PowerShell)

b2 -v will show the current version.

You will probably want to ensure that b2.exe is visible globally, perhaps by adding to PATH. Perhaps using the Windows Environment Variables editor?

HTH

Paul