From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-28 20:01:08

Ruben Perez wrote:
> It still freaks me out a little including a header labeled as "detail" -
> why is it not available as <boost/core/string_view.hpp> rather than
> <boost/core/detail/string_view.hpp>? It looks like if the class wasn't supposed
> to be used in public interfaces.

People objected to its being "officially" added to Core on procedural
grounds so it's not yet public.

The rule for Core is that it holds things that several other Boost libraries
need and have to needlessly duplicate to avoid depending on one
another, and adding string_view technically "jumped the line" because
it wasn't yet being used anywhere. It's going to be used in JSON and
Beast, so we'll hopefully be able to promote it to public at some point,
in some form.