From: Julien Blanc (julien.blanc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-06-03 06:30:13

Le jeudi 02 juin 2022 à 14:00 +0200, Maximilian Riemensberger a écrit :
> On 6/2/22 13:30, Julien Blanc wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >

> I see. The first one is definitely a language limitation. But I guess
> it's mostly an inconvenience to the users of the library if they are
> on C++14.  The other ones as far as I can see have counterparts in
> boost that would work in C++14 as well.  So I guess it could be done
> without too much hassle if there is a need and the library would be
> included in boost.  Either way, it's very useful regardless of the
> std version details.

I'm already depending on mp11, so adding a dependency to more boost
libraries (i have been stuck too long with c++11 and old boost
releases, and completely missed that hof provides is_invocable and
apply) is not an issue.

I would need, however, to provide an unified syntax for declaring
intervals for C++14 and C++17, otherwise a compiler update would break
user code. I think this can be done only by using a macro (which would
be mandatory only for C++14 code, and provided in C++17 for backward
compatibility). Anyhow, I created a github issue to track any progress
on this side.

For those interested, i filled up the feature comparison table (
https://julien-blanc-tgcm.github.io/indexed_array/comparison.html ) and
added some use cases in the readme file.

Best regards,

Julien