From: Julien Blanc (julien.blanc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-06-07 14:41:15

Le 2022-06-07 13:29, Mateusz Loskot via Boost a écrit :

> From [1] which is one of best explanation I've came across:
>
> [1] https://danielmiessler.com/study/difference-between-uri-url/

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this article, which reflects more
the author's point of view than any academical consensus, nor the intent
of the people who actually wrote the RFC. And has a poor reading of the
RFC wording, for example confusing “can be classified as” and “is”.

For those who can read French (I apologize for the others),
https://www.bortzmeyer.org/3986.html gives a nice overview, from someone
who is actually involved in the IETF.

To get back to the topic, i find boost.url choice regarding url/uri to
be a very reasonable one.

Regards,

Julien