From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-06-09 14:02:39

В письме от четверг, 9 июня 2022 г. 02:18:07 MSK пользователь Gavin Lambert
via Boost написал:
> Containing any leading slashes means that the URI contains a path, which
> means that it represents a location, which automatically makes it an URL
> and not an URN.
Can you direct me to an IETF or a W3C document that says that? The only official
text that I know of that distinguishes URIs and URLs is the section from URI
RFC (already linked in this thread several times) and it explicitly says that
the difference between a URI and a URL is not in syntax, but in intent.

Furthermore, the RFC calls "path" the part between (optional) "//" authority and
(optional) "?" query. It explicitly says that path is required, but it can be
empty. As such me_at_server.tld in mailto:me_at_server.tld is path. Is it a URL
by your definition? Conversely, the path for http://example.com is empty. Is
it still a URL?

> Any URI that uses the http protocol is (by definition) an URL, because
> it is representing a location.
Again, can you direct me to a document that spells out this feature of the
http scheme?