From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-06-10 17:51:20

On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 6:36 AM Seth via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'd say that polymorphic lambdas, lambda capture initializers,
> return type deduction, decltype(auto) are all more important
> and really felt. I can live without the library features (because
> they're easy to provide, except the UDLs)

Those are nice and all, but none of them improve the public API or
usability of a library. They help the implementer, author, or
maintainer of a library but that's it. If a user wants to use these
features listed above, they can still do so in their own code by using
C++14 or later, even if the Boost library they are consuming is
written for C++11 (or C++03).

On the other hand features like `std::pmr::memory_resource` or
`std::variant` _do_ affect the public API of a library.

Thanks