From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-06-16 12:22:06

Hi all,

First of all, thanks Richard for managing the review and thanks
to all who took the time to write a review.

> Since the acceptance above is unconditional, were the conditions in the two
> Conditional Accept reviews already satisfied, or deemed unnecessary?

I've taken the following as acceptance conditions:
- Returning resultsets by reference to allow memory reuse.
To make things easier, resultset and prepared_statement's will
be converted to plain objects and their I/O operations will be moved
to connection. Addressed by
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/59
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/73

- Rework the read_many and read_all functions to allow
for memory reuse. This will imply the introduction of
a row_collection object and its non-owning counterpart row_collection_view,
replacing the vectors. read_one will stay similar, read_many as it is now
disappears, a new read_some will be introduced, and read_all
will stay similar but allowing memory reuse. An improvement
in the internal buffering strategy will be made as part of this task, too.
Tracked by
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/58
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/32

- Rework the value class to address all the issues raised in the review.
It will stay non-owning and will be renamed to something that makes clear
that it's a view. The underlying variant won't be exposed anymore,
get_optional and get_std_optional will be removed in favor
of something like get_if, conversions and operators < and >
will likely go away, and a level of special handling for nullable
values will be introduced in get.
Addressed by
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/85
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/80

- Support COM_PING. Tracked by
https://github.com/anarthal/mysql/issues/62

Since some of these issues are not trivial at all,
it may take a couple releases before I've got this ready.

Regards,
Ruben.