From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-06-21 14:12:26

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 7:48 PM 😉 Good Guy 😉 via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The problem with Twitter is that it requires an account to read the posts.

Yeah, so... my assumption when I made this post is that most folks
have a Twitter account. I see that is not the case, even for long-time
Boost authors. If you don't already have a Twitter account, there is
not going to be much benefit to creating one just to like, follow, and
retweet the Boost account, as you will have no followers and thus no
reach. Although you might consider creating an account if you want to
become more involved in C++ Twitter in general.

That said, Twitter and the other socials might not be important to the
senior engineers, authors, and maintainers here but collectively,
Boost needs to catch up in terms of courting the younger generations
of developers. We need fresh blood for library submissions, reviewers,
and review managers. Our efforts on social media are aligned with this
goal.

Thanks