From: Gero Peterhoff (g.peterhoff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-08-10 17:09:39

Hello,
I would like to add several missing math functions in boost or specialize/overload existing ones for more types. These should be constexpr if possible.

My problems with the concrete implementations are:
- Which C++ standard to use C++11/14/17/20/23 ?
- Should these be implemented in ccmath and math ?
    a) ccmath requires C++17 (eg "if constexpr"), so it is not possible to simply call the ccmath version in math, since math requires C++11.
    b) On the other hand, the math functions are already included in the standard (since C++11), so it wouldn't be necessary to continue to provide them (especially since they are not constexpr).

Where and how exactly and with which C++ standard can I add the functions ?

thx
Gero