From: Gero Peterhoff (g.peterhoff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-08-10 20:17:53

Am 10.08.22 um 20:23 schrieb John Maddock via Boost:
> On 10/08/2022 18:09, Gero Peterhoff via Boost wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I would like to add several missing math functions in boost or specialize/overload existing ones for more types.
> Which functions?
1) scalar types
- isdenormal
- trigonometric cot/sec/csc, acot/asec/acsc, acoth/asech/acsch, acot2(like atan2) -> the problem is not the implementation as such, but a standardized error handling
- abs/div for unsigned types -> useful/need in templates
- inv
- sgn (support nan/inf, ±0)
- rounding https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounding#Comparison_of_approaches_for_rounding_to_an_integer

2) std::complex
- complete all std-functions for complex
- complete all special-functions for complex

for the future

3) complex types
- dual numbers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_number
- split-complex numbers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-complex_number

4) logic
- a modern constexpr implementation for tribool -> bool3
- bool4 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-valued_logic

Best, Gero