From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemensdavidmorgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-08-13 02:29:44

Hi all,

the formal boost review of the boost.url library starts today, the 13th of
August and will last until and including the 22nd of this month.

The library has been developed by Vinnie Falco and Alan de Freitas.
The master branch is frozen during the review and can be found here:
https://github.com/CPPAlliance/url

The current documentation can be found here: https://master.url.cpp.al/

Boost.URL is a portable C++ library which provides containers and
algorithms which model a "URL" and understands the various grammars related
to URLs and provides for validating and parsing of strings, manipulation of
URL strings, and algorithms operating on URLs such as normalization and
resolution.

Please explicitly state that you either *accept* or *reject* the inclusion
of this library into boost.
Also please indicate the time & effort spent on the evaluation and give the
reasons for your decision.

Some questions to consider:

 - Does this library bring real benefit to C++ developers for real world
use-case?
 - Do you have an application for this library?
 - Does the API match with current best practices?
 - Is the documentation helpful and clear?
 - Did you try to use it? What problems or surprises did you encounter?
 - What is your evaluation of the implementation?