From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-08-15 17:41:30

On 8/15/22 20:21, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 10:17 AM Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 8:42 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost
>
> It comes down to this. boost::urls::pct_encoded_view is a ForwardRange
> of char. How do we append it as a segment to each of the following 4
> things:
>
> 1. boost::filesystem::path on Windows
> 2. boost::filesystem::path not on Windows
> 3. std::filesystem::path on Windows
> 4. std::filesystem::path not on Windows
>
> I do not know how to answer this question, other than with annoying
> wide string conversions and extra memory allocations.

filesystem::path will handle character code conversion. Regardless of
the platform, you call path::append(). Or path::concat(), if you want
dumb concatenation. The question is only what and how exactly do you
want to append and what do you expect to get in the end.

I didn't read Boost.URL docs, but it seems strange to me that operations
are defined without an expected outcome. I mean, you can define loose
concepts such as MutableString, but I don't find it helpful as I still
can't tell what the operations on its models are doing.