From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-08-15 19:35:17

Vinnie Falco wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 11:28 AM Peter Dimov via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > That's why I think that the only sensible interpretation of paths
> > coming from URLs is as UTF-8, and for this case, the default
> > filesystem conversion isn't suitable.
>
> Can you please submit a pull request showing me how route.cpp can be
> correctly implemented according to these semantics?

The usual approach is to put

  boost::filesystem::path::imbue( std::locale( std::locale::classic(),
    new boost::filesystem::detail::utf8_codecvt_facet ) );

as the first thing in `main`.

fs::path has overloads taking codecvt_type, but I've never used them
so I don't know how they work. Maybe Andrey can help.