From: Mojca Miklavec (mojca.miklavec.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-11-16 10:26:19

On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 at 09:54, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:

> I have added a Github Action to the superproject that should generate tarballs
> with submodules on every tag:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/.github/workflows/release.yml
>
> We'll see how well this works once the beta is tagged. (We don't tag RCs.)

This is AWESOME, thank you very much!

I tested it on my personal fork and it works really nicely.
The fetch phase is now reduced from 3 minutes to a few seconds (well,
I need additional 40-90 seconds to extract the file, but just once
anyway), and now the results can be easily cached and CMake doesn't
keep re-fetching all the time.

The solution with additional files in the release section on GitHub
sounds perfect to me (and you won't be putting any additional pressure
on jfrog).

Mojca

PS: unrelated / off-topic; I also need something similar to the
following patch to be able to build our sources with "treat warnings
as errors" on Visual Studio (in case it's not too late for 1.81.0):
    https://github.com/boostorg/config/pull/456/files