From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-11-17 16:45:49

On Nov 17, 2022, at 6:28 AM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'd like to ask for permission to merge the boost.python's `devel` branch
> to `master`. There are a few minor bugfixes accumulated over recent months,
> all tested and stable, but I unfortunately missed the previous window to
> merge those into master.

Do they all fit into the categories listed below? (https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy <https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases:-Beta-Merge-Policy>)

        â€¢ Showstoppers. Criteria: Bugs or other problems so serious that the release is seriously compromised if not fixed. Procedure: After discussion on the developers list, release managers will specify how the problem is to be attacked, and what effect it will have on schedule.

        â€¢ Code changes and fixes. Procedure: Ask release managers for permission. Libraries with regressions showing in trunk testing should not be merged into the release branch. If it is discovered that this has occurred, then the merge should be reverted. Rationale: While we do want to fix problems, particularly regressions, stability is a major concern at this point in the release cycle.

        â€¢ Documentation fixes and other minor changes not affecting code. Criteria: Changes not requiring regression testing and unlikely to impact other libraries. Procedure: Merges to branches/release are OK, after fix applied to trunk, and do not require a release manager's permission. Important: If applicable, check the daily snapshot to verify the change did not break the documentation build.

— Marshall