From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-11-21 07:54:51

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 at 21:15, Ruben Perez via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've never participated in GSoC before but may be interested in mentoring.
> I was thinking in an Asio-based postgres connection (as we've done with
> MySQL). how does GSoC work?

Well, Boost participation does not differ to a regular GSoC one,
we follow all the rules and timeline
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview

> How much time does it take for mentors?

It varies, it depends on a project and a student,
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/setting-expectations#project-size-vs-project-length
I recommend skimming through all the official guides
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/

> Is a new project like this adequate for the event?

AFAIR, we have agreed within Boost that a new library is not
a good project for GSoS, and for variety of reasons.

It may be a success, but you may also shoot yourself in a foot
mentoring a student who you likely don't know professionally.
GSoC is not a trivial work for both, mentors and students.

Best regards,