From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-12-03 11:53:54

On 11/17/22 17:23, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is now open for bug fixes and documentation changes.
> Other changes by release manager permission, as described in
> https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy
>
> The next deadline: On December 7th, master closes for all changes.
>
> As always, the calendar is at https://www.boost.org/development/ <https://www.boost.org/development/>

I'd like to ask permission to merge Boost.Filesystem to master:

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/bd878f47e87222d95d470a57760b112196c8e1ed

Added a missing #endif.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/8b71cb11a3c60e34ae8f4a52ac44b1d5fc93d0b0

Fixes for compatibility of directory_iterator with older Wine releases
and some filesystems on Windows. In particular, in Azure App Service
environment.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/84f70b0a2a12ffb525b181fc0a3f37d9e67dc368

Added a new test for absolute() to verify it works with backslashes and
UNC paths. (No functional changes, works as expected.)

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/c1a48fcdacf2cf06ace147ba532556d7c089ef66

Use synchronous IO for handles created in remove_all implementation.
Fixes spinning and possible hard errors in directory_iterator
implementation on some filesystems on Windows. Complements the fix in
8b71cb11a3c60e34ae8f4a52ac44b1d5fc93d0b0.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/48933c5573c5eeba63c103362cad2fee6be414ba

Further improve compatibility with Wine, this time in remove() and
remove_all() implementation.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/141727b568fad2fecb77b2233a407cf4c00638b8

Treat deduplicated files as regular files on Windows. Such files were
previously reported as reparse points (which they actually are).