From: Gero Peterhoff (g.peterhoff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-12-26 12:57:32

Am 25.12.22 um 09:45 schrieb Mathias Gaunard:
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2022, 18:38 Gero Peterhoff via Boost, <boost_at_[hidden] <mailto:boost_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
> I had already addressed a similar topic and it is a good thing that this is brought up again or that other users see it that way too.
> In principle, as much as possible should be consolidated and simplified (here merging config + predef) in order to be able to provide uniform interfaces/macros without the user having to dig around in the internals of boost.
>
> Example: There is BOOST_HAS_FLOAT128+BOOST_HAS_INT128 and BOOST_NO_INT64_T.
> It would make sense to provide a complete set for BOOST_HAS_FLOATxxx and BOOST_HAS_INTxxx
>

> Boost.Config uses NO for lack of standard features and HAS for extensions.

OK. But that's what I mean: the user doesn't care whether a type is only available via an extension or not. He just wants to check whether this type is available -> uniform named macros.
Would it be legitimate to introduce BOOST_NO_FLOAT128_T + BOOST_NO_INT128_T and other (like BOOST_NO_INT64_T) to do this?

thx
Gero