From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-01-18 16:17:28

On 18/01/2023 08:34, Klemens Morgenstern via Boost wrote:

>>> Additionally, stating your knowledge of redis and asio would be helpful
>> for
>>> me.
>>
>> I've used ASIO a lot, and never used Redis.
>>
>> I vote to REJECT.
>>
>> If the library could be refactored so that the user-facing interface
>> was more friendly, I would change my vote.
>>
>> Zach
>

> My opening email didn't state this clearly, but you can also vote to
> "conditionally accept". That usually means you have to give the author an
> actionable condition that he has to fulfill to get your yes vote during
> THIS review.
>
> The way you currently voted means that you might vote differently in a
> future review. A conditional accept is useful when you want changes, but
> think another full review is not needed to address your issues.
>
> I am mentioning that, because your reasoning sounds like a conditional
> accept to me, so I just want to be sure you are aware of that option,
 since
> I didn't explicitly state this.

Zach has been on here longer than I have, and has written as many
library reviews as I have, so I'm pretty sure if he says reject he means
exactly that.

Explaining some more: some libraries can be fixed up, even if the fixup
list is quite long. Some are fundamentally broken and need
rearchitecture, in the reviewer's opinion. The latter would be a reject.

I have no opinion on this specific library, but I have had a majority of
libraries I proposed here rejected.

Niall