From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-01-21 16:05:17

Christian Mazakas wrote:
> While reddit is not necessarily a kind place that reflects the state of C++
> developers universally, the reddit thread:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/10cnc99/candidate_boostaedis_re
> view_starts_today_jan_15/
>
> did not seem to generate significant user interest in the library being accepted.
> Interestingly, most of the reddit thread is dedicated to discussing monolithic
> Boost. While largely non-productive (as most reddit conversations are), we do
> see that many users are not excited about Yet Another Boost Library.
>
> If there's strong user engagement somewhere else, I'll change my REJECT to an
> ACCEPT but until then, I don't believe Boost itself benefits from Aedis and I
> don't believe users benefit from Aedis being in Boost outside of those wishing
> to use Boost as a package manager.

"We should reject the library so that it can be developed outside of Boost,
because this will make people who hate Boost happier" is not a valid argument
in the context of a Boost formal review.

The review is meant to determine whether the library meets the standards for
inclusion into Boost. It's not our job to decide whether the library would have
been better off outside of Boost; this is the author's call, and by submitting,
he has already demonstrated what he thinks.