From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-05 23:52:01

On 2/5/23 3:41 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:

> No, every library will be free to remove C++03 support starting with 1.83 (under
> the assumption that we declare 1.82 as the last Boost release supporting C++03.)

The Boost Safe Numerics Library requires C++14 or above and always has.
I'm not aware that this violates any Boost policy.

> Boost.X can remove the support for C++03 in 1.83, without going
through the deprecation procedure.

I'm not aware that removing support for C++03 is "deprecation" nor that
doing such a thing would require any sort of "deprecation procedure".
That is not to say that it would nice for a maintainer to give some
notice - but I'm not aware of any requirement.