From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-07 10:16:13

> On 7. Feb 2023, at 00:57, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> I think it would be better for this to stay out of the Boost library
> collection. Users who need it, can simply inline the header or code
> into their existing code base; preferably as an implementation detail
> and not as a public interface.

I understand your angle, and you are right that the library does not expose types that could appear in a public API, so it does not require standardisation. But is that the only thing we want from Boost?

The benefit of having this in Boost is to make this sharp tool available to a larger audience, and to have a nice API for it. The current one by the original author can be improved.

We are also discussing occasionally how Boost can stay relevant. I think providing expert tools like this can help.