From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-07 14:31:03

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share my initial thoughts after reading the docs for the
proposed Boost.Mustache.

If some library docs said "I am implementing JSON", I more-less know what
to expect, because JSON is popular, I used it, so one can reliably predict
what the library delivers.

This is not the case with Mustache. It is the first time I have heard this
name. Apparently, it is a less popular thing. Therefore, I would expect
some more introduction than just an external link. The linked page also
doesn't contain sufficient information but further links. For instance to
https://mustache.github.io/mustache.5.html, but this information also
doesn't help me find answers to my questions:

1. What is considered an "optional part" of mustache? Boost.Mustache says
it only implements the non-optional parts, but docs in mustache(5) do not
indicate the optional parts.

2. It is clear to me that the procedure takes a template (with mustaches)
and the data to be replaced. But what is the range of the acceptable
formats of this data? The examples show that it is JSON, but does it have
to be JSON? Boost.Mustache docs say it could be 'described' classes? But is
that all? How about Boost.PropertyTree? What does the specification for
Mustache say about it?

3. I do not see any specification (neither in Boost.Mustache docc, nor in
the linked mustache(5)) for what is the required behavior when I have
nested mustashes with the same name, or a JSON file with nested elements of
the same name.

Or did I miss this description?

Regards,
&rzej;