From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-07 16:38:25

Rainer Deyke wrote:
> I would love to be convinced that the proposed library is more useful than it
> looks at first glance. Maybe there is a non-obvious way to use the built-in
> functionality of Mustache to provide the desired results, analogous to the way
> C++ template metaprogramming extended the expressive power of C++
> templates. However, if I am not convinced then I expect to vote against its
> acceptance into Boost.

I agree with your analysis of Mustache's deficiencies, and I don't have a good
answer at this time. We will need to address this one way or the other, but I
can't promise how long this will take.

It's very easy to quickly add ad-hoc nonstandard extensions to Mustache to
take care of the issues, but I don't want to do that. Some thought will be required.